Vino e Veritas
A Love of Wine and a Quest for Truth.
The Greek symposium was designed for friends and neighbors to converse over relevant topics and questions that matter while also enjoying fine wine.
We re-create this ancient experience several times throughout the year.
Faith is an integral part of all of our lives. We all, at some level, believe in something. Thus, in these engaging evenings we explore how our individual and collective beliefs manifest in our lives.
- 7:00 - Gathering and Mingling (Drinks and Snacks Served)
- 7:20 - Conversation Starter
- 7:35 - First Tasting and Discussion Question
- 7:55 - Second Tasting and Discussion Question
- 8:15 - Third Tasting and Discussion Question
- 8:35 - Final Tasting and Final Discussion Question
*It is not necessary to participate in the discussion if you prefer to simply listen. It is also not necessary to drink wine as there will be alternative non-alcoholic beverages available.
- “Morality, Justice and Faith”
- “Goodness, Beauty and Faith”
- “Work, Ambition and Faith”
- “Relationships, Parenting and Faith”
"For sensible men I prepare only three cups: one for health (which they drink first), the second for love and pleasure, and the third for sleep. After the third one is drained, wise men go home. The fourth cup is not mine any more - it belongs to bad behaviour; the fifth is for shouting; the sixth is for rudeness and insults; the seventh is for fights; the eighth is for breaking the furniture; the ninth is for depression; the tenth is for madness and unconsciousness."
- Dionysus, Greek god of wine
Current Teaching Series
You can find just about any teaching series, podcast, story from our community, or Coverge forum on our new website.
Be sure to check out the new Resources section.